Financial Aid Disbursement

Financial Aid Disbursement


Your Financial Aid Disbursement

Different types of aid disburse differently and have different requirements. The following guidelines will help you understand the differences.

Work Study: Unlike like other types of financial aid, Work-study does not disburse to a student's account. Instead, Work-Study earnings are paid directly to the student through a bi-monthly paycheck. For more information, visit Work-Study.

Scholarships, grants, stipends and loans must be in “Accepted” status to be applied to your account. Loans for students and parents must be accepted and all loan requirements must be completed in order for the funding to be applied to your student account.

All financial aid disbursements are made electronically. Financial Aid will disburse aid to your account each quarter according to the dates published in the academic calendar  Funds administered by our office are disbursed on a quarterly basis and yearly awards are split by our system into three quarterly disbursements. One-third of your accepted aid will disburse for each quarter (fall, winter, spring). For example, if you accept a $3,000 grant for the academic year, $1,000 of the grant will disburse to your account each quarter.

When your aid disburses, it is applied to account balance first. Your balance may include tuition, student services fees, USHIP health care, and housing if you live in some University-owned on-campus housing options. If any money is left over after your aid is applied to your tuition, fees, and other school charges, it is called a credit balance. If there is a credit balance remaining after fees have been deducted, the remaining amount will be deposited directly to your bank account if you have enrolled in Direct Deposit.

How to get your Financial Aid Funds to pay for your text books and course materials.
UCR does not offer a bookstore voucher program for students to receive their books and supplies through the campus. If your aid exceeds your fees, the credit balance can be used to purchase books, supplies, and any educational expenses.

What if I borrowed a loan and I no longer need it?
If you get your loan money, then realize you don’t need the money after all, you may cancel all or part of your loan within 14 days of receiving it and no interest or fees will be charged. You may request the return of your loan funding using an online Loan Change Form available in your Financial Aid Messages inside your student portal. 

  • Log into R'Web .
  • Click on the Financial Aid icon.
  • Click on Financial Aid Messages.