Forms and Resources

Resources and Forms



Make sure your financial aid application is complete. Log in to R'Web and check under "Requirements and Eligibility" within your Financial Aid tab to see if additional documents are required. Download a pdf of the requested form(s) and follow the instructions on the document. Complete, sign and return it to the Financial Aid Office by the stated deadline. Funding for late applicants is limited.



Additional Unsubsidized Loan Appeal

If you’re an undergraduate student whose parents were denied credit for a Parent PLUS Loan, you will be offered additional unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan funding. You may also submit the 2019-20 Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan Waiver to qualify for an additional loan without a PLUS denial (i.e. parent is going through a bankruptcy and is forbidden from applying). A parent’s unwillingness to borrow is not grounds for receiving additional unsubsidized loan eligibility.

Dependency Override Appeal

If you do not meet the Department of Education’s criteria for independent status, but wish to have your circumstances reviewed because you are estranged from your parents due to special circumstances (e.g., abandonment, abuse, family alcoholism or drug abuse, etc.) which can be documented by two objective third party sources (e.g., high school or college counselor, therapist, minister, a social service agency official, etc.) you may qualify for a dependency override. You can contact our office or visit HOSS to speak to a counselor and explore if this appeal is right for you.

Changes in Income Appeal

There may be additional resources of assistance if you or your family experienced a significant reduction in income in the year after filing the FAFSA or Dream Act Application and this reduction has affected your ability to pay for college expenses.  You can contact our office or visit HOSS to speak to a counselor and explore if this appeal is right for you.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal

If you receive financial aid, you must meet the minimum academic standards set forth by UCR. If you fail, your financial aid eligibility will be suspended for one academic year. You have the right to appeal this suspension status. A successful appeal will allow you to be placed on Financial Aid probation and your eligibility will be reinstated immediately for a specified period of time. You will then be monitored on a quarterly basis to ensure you are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. If you do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress and are put on suspension, you are notified by email and given directions for accessing the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal form.