UC Riverside Financial Aid
How Much Does UCR Cost?
At UCR, 87% of undergraduate students receive financial aid and 77% of those who receive aid have their full fees covered by grants and/or scholarships. UCR students who borrow federal loans graduate with an average student loan debt of $21,500 – just 1/5 of the actual total cost of tuition and housing.
Financial Aid – Important Dates
March 2 (priority deadline)
|Priority deadline to submit FAFSA or California Dream Act application (Applications can still be submitted after March 2.)|
|Financial Aid Requirements Deadline for continuing students|
|Deadline to complete Request for Summer Aid application|
|Target Date to Release Summer Financial Aid awards|
|Financial Aid Requirements Deadline for new students|
|CalVet Fee Waiver Deadline for Summer|
|CalVet Fee Waiver Deadline for Fall|
Get the Latest Updates from Our Office
File Your Financial Aid Application Every Year
File your FAFSA or Dream Act Application every year (even if you don't think you'll qualify)! You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
Sending Your Outside Scholarship Check
If you are sending the Financial Aid Office your outside scholarship check, please ensure that the scholarship check has the Student Identification number (SID) located on the check, the student's name, and made payable to REGENTS UC.
Please mail your scholarship checks to the UCR Student Business Services office at:
UCR Main Cashiers Office 900 University Avenue Student Services Bldg, Rm 1111 Riverside, CA 92521
Alternatively, you may drop off scholarship checks using the Cashier's Drop Box located on the east side of the Student Services Building.
7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
This brief, simple tutorial, 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA, will guide you step-by-step through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Apply by March 2, 2020, in order to be considered for the maximum amount of financial aid to attend UCR in the 2020-21 school year!
Summer Aid Application
You do not need to submit a Summer Aid application to qualify for 2022 Summer Sessions Financial Aid.
In order to be offered a summer financial aid award, you must:
- Submit a 2022-23 FAFSA or California DREAM Application
- Submit all documents required to complete your financial aid application.
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 units for Summer Sessions 2022
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.00 or above.
Summer Financial Aid Offers are prepared and emailed to students who have met the requirements in late May.
If you are an undergraduate student, you may be eligible for grant funds. The Summer 2022 Financial Aid Estimator will be available on April 15 on Summer Sessions to calculate the amount of summer financial aid you may qualify to receive in grant aid.
- Loan Exiting Steps for Seniors
Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan
UC's Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan will ensure that you will not have to pay system-wide tuition and fees out of your own pocket if you are a CA resident whose total family income is less than $80,000 a year (and you qualify for financial aid).
You don't need to fill out a separate application to qualify for the Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan. You will receive the benefits automatically if you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Submit a FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and Cal Grant GPA Verification Form by March 2
- Be a California resident or have AB 540 status
- Demonstrate total family income below $80,000 and financial need, as determined for federal need-based aid programs
- Be in your first four years as a UC undergraduate (first two for transfer students)
- Meet other basic requirements for UC grant aid (for example, be enrolled at least half-time during the academic year, meet campus academic progress standards, not be in default on student loans, etc.)
If you're eligible, your system-wide tuition and fees will be fully covered by scholarship or grant money. The plan combines all sources of scholarship and grant awards you receive (federal, state, UC and private) to go toward covering your tuition and fees. Students with greater financial need can qualify for even more grant support to help defray other educational expenses (like books, housing, transportation, etc.).
Save Time - Update FAFSA
If you and/or parents filed taxes in 2017 but did not yet use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT), please do so immediately to avoid delays in receiving a financial aid offer. Watch a tutorial video explaining how to use the DRT.
Quick Answer Guide
Financial Aid is experiencing a high volume of emails but wants to help you get answers to your questions.
- Important dates and deadlines for the academic year
- If your financial aid award is not finalized, you will need to make alternative Payment Arrangements.
- Monitor your status on R’Web for any requirements that may need to be complete by clicking on “Requirements and Eligibility.”
- Federal Loans – if you recently completed a Master Promissory Note and /or Entrance Counseling please allow 5 business days for the loan to be ready to disburse.
Visit the Student Business Services website for information about:
- Scholarship Checks: Mail the scholarship check made payable to REGENTS UC with your SID on the check to UCR Main Cashiers Office 900 University Ave Student Services Bldg Rm 1111 Riverside, CA 92521. Alternatively, you may drop off scholarship checks using the Cashier's Drop Box located on the east side of the Student Services Building.
- How to make Payment Arrangements.
- Click here to review quarterly disbursements and refund dates.
- Direct Deposit allows 2-3 business days for the funds to show in your bank account.
- Refund checks will be mailed to the local address on file
- Review “Student Account Online,” “Dynamic Bill” in R’Web for your refund amount.
- Your current billing statement – Check your “Student Account Online” via R’Web.
- Completing Loan Requirements Promissory Notes/Entrance Counseling.
- Exit Counseling (All Loans). If you received a Direct Stafford Loan, a Direct Grad PLUS Loan or a TEACH grant during your attendance at UCR, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement. All other loans/scholarships, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement.
Quick tutorials on many of our processes can be found on our Instagram Page.
Faster Than Phone: FAQ
How do I apply? What are the deadlines? Who is my financial aid counselor?
Significant Loss of Income
If your family has experienced a significant loss of income, we can help. Learn more and contact us.
Request a Workshop
We offer classroom presentations, workshops and hands-on support. Let us show your group how to apply for financial aid, maintain it, and learn general financial literacy.