Forms and Appeals

Financial Aid Forms

Make sure your financial aid application is complete. Log in to R'Web and check under "Requirements and Eligibility" within your Financial Aid tab to see if additional documents are required. Download a pdf of the requested form(s) and follow the instructions on the document. Complete, sign and return it to the Financial Aid Office by the stated deadline. Funding for late applicants is limited.


On-Time Status Appeal

If you filed a FAFSA or DREAM Act application after the March 2 priority filing deadline and/or submitted requested information after deadlines specified by the Office of Financial Aid, you may have limited eligibility for some financial aid programs including UCR grants, Cal grants, and Work-Study. If you had extenuating circumstances that prevented you from meeting financial aid deadlines, you may file an On-time Status Appeal. All appeals are subject to the availability of funding and appeals are granted on a one time only basis.

Additional Unsubsidized Loan Appeal

If you’re an undergraduate student whose parents were denied credit for a Parent PLUS Loan, you will be offered additional unsubsidized Federal Direct Stafford Loan funding. You may also submit to qualify for an additional loan without a PLUS denial (i.e. parent is going through a bankruptcy and is forbidden from applying). A parent’s unwillingness to borrow is not grounds for receiving additional unsubsidized loan eligibility.  

Dependency Override Appeal

2017-2018 Appeal for Dependency Override is available to you if you do not meet the Department of Education’s criteria for independent status, but wish to have your circumstances reviewed. If you are estranged from your parents due to special circumstances (e.g., abandonment, abuse, family alcoholism or drug abuse, etc.) which can be documented by two objective third party sources (e.g., high school or college counselor, therapist, minister, a social service agency official, etc.) you may qualify for a dependency override.

2017-2018 Appeal for Dependency Override Renewal is available to you if in a prior academic year, the UCR Financial Aid Office approved an Appeal for Dependency Override on your behalf which allowed you to be considered independent for financial aid purposes. If you need to renew your dependency override for the 2017-2018 award year, please complete and submit this form for processing.


Changes in Income Appeal

If you or your parent/guardian have experienced a significant reduction in income in the award year after filing the FAFSA or DREAM Act application and it has reduced your ability to pay for college expenses, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid for an appeal consideration.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal

If you receive financial aid, you must meet the minimum academic standards set forth by UCR. If you fail, your financial aid eligibility will be suspended for one academic year. You have the right to appeal this suspension status. A successful appeal will allow you to be placed on Financial Aid probation and your eligibility will be reinstated immediately for a specified period of time. You will then be monitored on a quarterly basis to ensure you are meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements. If you do not meet Satisfactory Academic Progress and are put on suspension, you are notified by email and given directions for accessing the Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal form.



Jump to Top