First-Time Student Process for Veterans

First time Veterans

First-Time Student Process for Veterans

If this is the first time you are using your educational benefits, follow this process:

Step 1: Apply and be admitted as a UCR Student.
Step 2: Apply for Federal Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA Form.
Step 3: Establish your educational benefits eligibility through the VA.
Step 4: Once enrolled in UCR classes, certify your enrollment with Financial Aid.
Step 5: Connect with other veterans on campus.

Instructions for Providing Documents

Please include your UCR Student ID number on all documents submitted to the Financial Aid Office. You can drop your forms off at the Highlander One-Stop Shop, scan/email the documents to or fax them to (951) 827-5619.

Federal School Code: 001316


The Department of Veterans Affairs is the government agency responsible for determining an individual’s eligibility for VA education benefits.