Other Educational Benefits
We are happy to assist you with other educational benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, including:
- Chapter 30 - GI Bill
- Chapter 1606 - GI Bill
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program
- Chapter 31 - VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program
Apply for Admission and be Admitted as a UCR Student
An application for VA benefits does not constitute an application for admission to UCR. You will need to access the following for admission information:
Apply for Federal Financial Aid by Filling Out a FAFSA Form
In addition to your VA educational benefits, you may also be eligible for grants, scholarships and loans. These sources may be particularly helpful in meeting your initial school expenses while you are waiting to receive benefits from VA. Complete your FAFSA early.
For scholarship information, visit nrd.gov.
Establish Your Educational Benefits Eligibility Through the VA
If you haven't already done so, apply for VA educational benefits through Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP).
You will need to do the following to complete the application:
- Create a username/password.
- Fill out VA Form 22-1990.
- Get the electronic DD-214 ready, and if applicable, the kicker contract and/or proof of the $600 buy-up.
- Gather your bank information: bank name, routing number and account number.
- If known, get the school address, educational objective (degree) and date of enrollment.
- Have your former college information ready: degree, address and dates of attendance.
- Know your non-military job information: type, length of time and any licensing.
- Collect all ROTC/Service Academy/Student Loan Repayment Program information.
Certify Your Enrollment at Financial Aid
Contact us when you are enrolled in classes. At that time, we will certify your enrollment to VA. VA certifying officials process your paperwork, proving to the VA that you are enrolled in classes that meet requirements for your degree objective. For more information, visit the Financial Aid Office or call (951) 827-3878.
Be sure to bring us a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility, if you have one. This is a document the VA will issue to you when they have determined that you are eligible for Chapter 33.
Don't miss the information about priority enrollment and other important considerations for UCR veterans and members of the military.
Find Other Veterans on Campus
Join your local student veterans group, and connect with the UCR Student Veterans & Service Members Facebook Group on Facebook.