Deployment Information for Reservists

Deployment Information for Reservists

Deployment Information for Reservists

When you are called up to active duty, your life is put on hold. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to leave without worrying about your education and return. Below are policies and resources designed to help you during this transition.

  • Application Fee Waivers

    If you are an incoming student who is called to active duty, you may be able to obtain a waiver of the $60 University Application Processing Fee. The fee can be credited toward admission for another quarter during the same academic year. For questions or to see if you qualify, contact Undergraduate Admissions online or at (951) 827-3411.

  • Impact of Withdrawal on Financial Aid

    The U.S. Department of Education has modified the withdrawal requirements of colleges for the "Return of Title IV Funds" for students called to active duty. Typically, when a student totally withdraws from classes, colleges have 30 days to return a portion of federal student aid the student has received. For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office at (951) 827-3878.

  • Student Loans

    The U.S. Department of Education has issued special guidance to lenders regarding reservists who have Perkins, Stafford or Plus loans. If you are a member of the National Guard or Reserves, and are ordered to active military duty, you should notify your lenders to request extended loan deferments and/or forbearance while on active duty.

  • Release Authorization

    If you think you might be called to active service, consider preparing a Permission to Release Education Record Information Form. This gives your parent(s), spouse or friend access to your records. They will be able to take actions, such as withdrawal from the University on your behalf.

    The release authorization is intended to fast-track any bureaucratic processes that may take place during your deployment. If you do not authorize a release, the University will work with you to process actions "long distance" or after your release from service. If you have questions regarding the release authorization or how being moved to active duty will affect your enrollment status, contact the Registrar's Office at (951) 827-3402 or (951) 827-7284.

  • Predeployment Guide's Deployment Guides and Resources will help you through deployment.

  • Reserve and Guard Deployment Guides & Resources's Deployment Guides and Resources will help you through deployment.

  • Returning Veteran Benefits

    Returning Service Members (OEF/OIF/OND) details the VA benefits available to returning veterans: employment, housing, health and dental care, life insurance and more! 

  • Mental Health Treatment and Support

    DoD Deployment Health Clinical Center helps veterans get mental health treatment and support. 

Federal School Code: 001316


The Department of Veterans Affairs is the government agency responsible for determining an individual’s eligibility for VA education benefits.