Summer Financial Aid Application

Summer Financial Aid Application

The on-time deadline to submit the Request for Summer Aid is April 15, 2018. Summer aid applicants must also submit a 2018-19 FAFSA (or DREAM Application for AB540 students) by March 2, 2018 and submit all documents requested and/or complete IRS Data Retrieval if required within two weeks of the date you are notified to submit documents in order to be considered on-time for summer financial aid. You are strongly encouraged to complete your file no later than April 30, 2018 to avoid delays in receiving your summer financial aid award. Please check your R’Web Requirements and Eligibility for any items that you need to complete your financial aid file and information on IRS Data Retrieval requirements.

All three deadlines (Request for Summer Aid, FAFSA, and document submission) must be met in order to be considered for Summer UCR Grant.

  • Request for Summer Aid - April 15, 2018
  • FAFSA or DREAM Application - March 2, 2018
  • Verification requirements - within two weeks of notification: Priority = April 30, 2018. On time final deadline = June 1, 2018

In order to qualify to receive summer financial aid for summer session 2018, students must be admitted as regular students.
Students with previously closed matriculations due to withdrawal, cancellation, dismissal, etc.,
who are readmitted for the fall quarter of 2018 are not eligible for summer financial aid.

If you have submitted your original Summer Aid Application before April 15 and/or by the April 15th deadline, that application will be considered as your latest entry on-time application for the summer aid.

Cross Campus Application
UCR Summer Sessions Enter the number of units for which you plan to enroll in each UCR Summer Session.
You may report updated informaion if your enrollment changes up until May 1, 2018

Undergraduate students are required to enroll in a minimum of 8 units for financial aid eligibility. Seniors who will graduate by the end of winter quarter may enroll in a minimum of 6 units to be eligible for summer aid. Teaching Credential and graduate students are required to enroll in a minimum of 6 units for financial aid eligibility. Your eligibility will be calculated based on the census date for the session(s) in which you enroll based on the Drop and Refund dates published on the UCR Summer Session website.

Late applicants will be awarded Stafford Loan, Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, PLUS Loan (for dependent students), and Pell Grant funds (if eligible) only, and will not qualify to receive Summer UCR Grant. Note that annual loan limits are not increased if students enroll in four terms vs. three terms, so the amount of Direct Loan funds used in the summer will decrease the remaining amount available for the fall, winter, and spring quarters of the academic year. Pell eligible students may qualify for an additional Pell Grant disbursement if you enroll for four terms.

Summer financial aid applicants must be in compliance with UCR’s satisfactory academic progress policy as of the end of spring quarter 2018 in order to qualify for summer financial assistance. Your GPA and units completed will be reviewed after spring grades are processed. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for continued financial aid, you will be notified of the option to submit an appeal with documentation of any extenuating circumstances that prevented you from making satisfactory academic progress.

If you drop below the minimum enrollment requirement reported on your Request for Summer Aid, your eligibility will be recalculated. Your summer award may be subject to a revision and you may be billed for any aid disbursed to you to pay your fees or issued to you as a refund. Your award may be reduced or cancelled if you never begin attendance in the number of units or sessions that you report on your application.

If is your responsibility to report any changes in your housing or enrollment status (anticipated units and sessions of attendance) to the Financial Aid Office immediately to avoid a reduction in your financial aid and a possible billing for funds already disbursed to you.

Jump to Top